Hello, guest!


This is my info blog and it is my pleasure to welcome you here.

Feel free to browse the various pages of this site. I hope you do find here the interesting features, facts & information for you. I do enjoy surfing the net and constantly updating featured entries here. Should you have any sort of question or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Again, thanks for stopping by and comeback often.

Photobucket

Chocolates are good

Tuesday, May 20, 2008


I wish to share below an interesting article I found about Chocolates from a friend at blogcatalog.


ATTENTION:
Chocolate lovers, here are the wonderful things about chocolate, especially dark chocolates that you’ll be glad to know. Just remember, the key to getting the most benefits from eating dark chocolates is moderation.



1. It contains four-times more anti-oxidants than tea. It’s fact. This is the result of a study conducted by Holland’s National Institute of Public Health and Environment. It has proven that chocolates, most especially the dark ones, contain Catechins. These are the anti-oxidants that fight cancer cells. Compared to 100ml tea which only has 13.9 mg of catechins, 100 grams of dark chocolate has 53.5 mg of catechins.

2. Chocolates are good for the heart. Chocolate contains Cocoa Phenols. This same substance is also in tea, fruits, vegetables and red wine and helps in lowering blood pressure and preventing heart disease.

3. Chocolates improve blood circulation. It has flavanols or flavonoids, which are especially helpful for smokers to reverse some of the harmful effect smoking have in their blood vessels.

4. Chocolates do not cause cavities. It’s not the chocolate that causes cavities and tooth decay, it’s the sugar mixed in chocolates. Nevertheless, dark chocolates contain so much less sugar than other food so they’re safe for your teeth.

5. Contrary to popular belief, chocolate does not cause acne. This was proven in a study conducted by the Pennsylvania School of Medicine and the U.S. Naval Academy. Although some chocolates that contain nuts may worsen acne in some people, pure chocolate is not to blame for this bane.

Read more here >>>



0 comments

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments: to “ Chocolates are good so far...

I Am Me

My photo
"i am nothing special of this i am sure. i am a common man with common thoughts and i've led a common life. there are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. but i've loved someone with all my heart and soul. and to me, this has always been enough."

For comments/suggestions to improve this blog, please drop me an email at:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket